Friday, June 10, 2011

Things I’ve learned in my lifetime:

1.        If you don’t care for it the first time, try it again later; you might be surprised.
2.      In many cases, I’d rather “over-do” rather than “under-do”.
3.       There is no such thing as saying “I love you” too much, as long as it’s genuine each time it is said. 
4.      I am not qualified to judge anyone at any time.
5.      If someone’s lifestyle is one you disagree with, don’t live like them.
6.      If someone’s lifestyle is one you disagree with, remember that not everyone agrees with your lifestyle.
7.      Eventually, even in the smallest of ways, we become our parents.
8.      Everyone has a past.
9.      Most people have secrets.
10.   Don’t assume the smile on one’s face doesn’t mask the pain in their heart.
11.     Don’t let the pain in your heart keep you from smiling.
12.    You never stop learning and growing unless you choose to.
13.    A closed mind is a terrible waste.
14.   I will never understand how “religious” makes it acceptable to be judgmental, hateful and mean.
15.    While I understand having pride in one’s own, I do not understand using that pride to segregate others.  
16.   One act of kindness does not erase every act of unkindness; however, one prayer asking your higher power for forgiveness will.

No comments:

Post a Comment